Initial reports suggest that the angry man, Shawn Fordyce, did not want his wife, 47-year old Dorothy Blackman, to go out. Blackman is said to be a newspaper vendor on Orange Walk, Georgetown.
When she opted to send someone to buy a phone card, an argument ensued and he began chopping his wife and children. The incident occurred at 139 Section D, Sophia.
Those injured are 12-year old Donnette Fordyce with chop wounds to both hands, 26-year old Wonda Fortune who sustained a chop wound to her neck and 20-year old Latoya Wilson with multiple deep chop wounds about her body.
The assailant was still at large up to late Thursday night.
This latest incident mirrors another that occurred one night earlier at Zeelugt North, East Bank Essequibo when a man chopped his two young children to death and severely injured his reputed wife.
Latest from Denis Scott Chabrol
- Guyana's environment more conducive to fight corruption, drugs- US diplomat
- Brazilian hands over thief, gun to police
- Pres. Granger, Guyana's first Foreign Minister appeal for end to political rivalry
- BREAKING NEWS: One dead, several injured in minibus accident
- Guysuco has no money to pay workers; govt to take steps to avoid closure